Thursday, June 16, 2016

Most anticipated releases for the second half of 2016


I do a monthly most anticipated books, but when I saw every blogger in the world - Okay, I'm exaggerating. Mostly every blogger in the world - doing this post, I thought: "huh, why not? Sounds like fun. Or torture, depends how you look at it, because it'll just remind you these books are not in your life yet. But still: fun, right?"  

I managed somehow (with great difficulty) to narrow it down to 5 books. For the rest of my most anticipated books I'll just say: "It doesn't mean I anticipate you any less!" 


It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
Coming out: August 2, 2016

I'm not sure whether I'm most scared or most anticipating this book.
I've had a rocky ride with Colleen's books.
It went somewhat like this:
Slammed was... Okay. But I didn't particularly liked it or wanted to read the second book.
Maybe Someday was oh SO good. An all time favorite. AMAZING. FANTASTIC. BEAUTIFUL.
Ugly love was enjoyable but... I had my issues with it.
Confess - I had some hard times with confess. Some big issues.
Never never - I can't believe why Colleen doesn't write more paranormal\fantasy\mystery books. She's beyond amazing at it! Never never was great.
November 9 - This book was slowly killing my emotionally. I honestly couldn't take it. It wasn't the book, it was me. 

So, you see, I really have absolutely no idea what I'll get in It Ends With Us.
You never do with Colleen's books. 



Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
Coming out: August 9, 2016

I never read anything by Jay Kristoff.
Scratch that. I never read anything solely by Jay Kristoff.
I read Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman, which was... mind blowing. As in, the kind of mind blow that leaves your mind blown and scarred forever. 
The author - Jay Kristoff - is so funny. But don't let that fool you, because he's also evil.
I don't know what, but something is going to happen in page 553 of Nevernight. Something big. Something big enough to make Harper Collins UK to intervene and offer emotional support. You can check it out here.
What do you suppose happened in page 553? O_O 

One more thing: If you pre-order the US edition of Nevernight, it'll be signed! I all but ran to pre-order the minute I heard about it. 



Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige
Coming out: September 20, 2016

I love the Dorothy Must Die series by Danielle Paige.
A fun, twisted retelling. The kind of retelling that takes 'good' and 'evil' to a new level.
And now Danielle is coming with a snow white retelling. The first book in a new series.
I love retellings, I love Danielle Paige writing.
I'm reading it. No questions asked.



The Hammer Of Thor by Rick Riordan
Coming out: October 4, 2016

The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase book 1) really disappointed me.
I'm a huge fan of Rick Riordan - Percy Jackson and The Kane Chronicles are both an all time favorite.
So when I found myself having a hard time getting into The sword of summer, not really laughing at the jokes and not really connecting with the characters... It was more than just being disappointed. It was being sad. Because it's your favorite author, and you want to love this book.
So what does The Hammer of Thor doing here?
Towards the end of the book, things got better for me. I really started to get into it, into the plot and characters.
And then came out The Hidden Oracle, and it was a big improvemetnt. Not yet back to being 'amazing' but I really enjoyed it.
So yes, this book may disappoint me again, but what can I say, I'm still highly anticipating it. 


 Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
                                                  Coming out: October 18

I think I came off a bit crazy on twitter with how much I'm dying anticipating this book.
Some books can really make us readers go crazy.
For me, this is one of them.
Especially when you see so many people getting the ARCs.
Don't despair though! Just remember, we'll get the finished copies. *A weak attempt to cheer us up*.
Five... more... months... 


And that's it for my 'most anticipated releases for the second half of 2016' post. Wow, that's mouthful to write. 

What about you who are possibly reading this? Did you also do this post on your blog? What's you greatest, most anticipated book releases of 2016?
Let me know (: 




"Part of being alive is having life change us. The people around us, the events we live through, all of them shape us. And that's what I think you're afraid of. Maybe not of dying. But of this you, the you you've become, ceasing to exist."  
-- Illuminae 


12 comments:

  1. I also saw the thing with page 553, I thought it was hilarious. I have to read Illuminae, but I'm scared that the e-book version (if it even exists) is not going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a witness that the e-book version of Illuminae actually exists. Yep, unfortunately, I read Illuminae in its e-book version. I'll just say that: do not read Illuminae in its e-book version. It's terrible. It just doesn't work.
      I won't make the same mistake with Gemina (:
      So if you're going to read Illuminae... You'll want to read it in its physical form.
      But you must read this book - it's way too amazing to pass!

      Delete
  2. The only reason I might have an easier time narrowing it down to 5 is because I haven't read the first books in so many series XD *looks at Illuminae and Magnus Chase* It will equal a never-ending TBR no doubt!
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then, you're missing on so many fantastic books! Let me be one more person to tell you: You must read them (:
      Congrats on your blogversary ^^

      Delete
  3. I'm eagerly waiting for Stealing Snow and The Hammer of Thor too! I'm actually going to be starting Illuminae next week, and I'm really looking forward to it. No doubt Gemina will be on my list of highly anticipated reads too!
    Great post!
    Erika @ Books, Stars, and the Pages in Between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Erika, thank you! I'm so glad ^_^
      You're going to *love* Illuminae. It's such an amazing book :D

      Delete
  4. I also really want to read Nevernight! I heard that this author kills dogs in his every book so maybe on page 553 the dog dies?
    I haven't read any of his books so don't quote me on that.
    Ohh, I guess this is going to be a huge book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I heard this book is over 600 pages long! But big books don't scare me... If I love them, I don't want them to end.
      I don't know about dogs (*_*), but I do know Jay Kristoff doesn't sugarcaot anything. And I heard Nevernight is by far one of his darkest.
      I have a bad feeling something bigger than a dog is going to die in page 553.
      On a brighter note, You really really really - really - should read Illuminae. As in, right now. I'm waiting.

      Delete
  5. (Hello! I stumbled on your blog and thought I'd post a little comment :D)
    I totally agree with this list �� Mostly Nevernight and Gemina!!! But I might order the UK edition because the raven cover is stunning <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also tend to stumble upon blogs and post random comments - we have that in common ;D
      So I take it you're also crazy about Nevernight and Gemina? I am not alone in my obsession!
      The U.k Vs. the U.S version of Nevernight... I can't decide! They are both so beautiful in their own way. If I could only buy them both. But I can't - that would be insane, right? Then again... no, I must not be tempted. I already pre-ordered the U.S edeition and I just *can't wait* to get my hands on it :D
      Thanks, Lucille! I'm really glad you stumbled on my blog - even if it was by accident. Getting a comment like this really made my day (:

      Delete
    2. Yes! I love to get those so I also love to post some from time to time :D
      So much yes!! Nevernight will also be the first book (solely) by Jay Kristoff that I read, I cannot wait! I haven't seen one single bad review about it, plus I think that even if I don't LOVE it, I love the UK cover so much I won't even be disappointed to have bought it x')
      Ah if only we had that kind of money, one day maybe... *_*
      Ah my pleasure! Talking about books is why I started blogging so :D

      Delete
    3. Me too. I know he has another trilogy but I never read it. Nevernight will show me who Jay Kristoff is as a writer when he writes alone. Can't wait. And it's not too long now, so... (:
      Yep, me too. To rave and fangirl all about books is exactly why I started blogging ^^ .
      For me money = books. I imagine it's like that for every book lover :D

      Delete