Saturday, March 5, 2016

Introductions and such


Do you ever get that feeling, when you're reading an amazing book or watching a mind
blowing episode on a show you love, and you have so much to say about it, so many feelings boiling up inside, and you just want to talk about it with someone, anyone, to fangirl and rave all about?

Welcome to Magiverse


Not so long ago I decided to gather my courage and open a blog. I wanted to write all about My favorite things: reading, writing, watching TV shows, movies, and anime. And so I decided to split it into two blogs. This blog, Magiverse, will be about books; books, reviews, writing, anticipated books, and everything book related you can think about. I'm an addicted reader, so be warned. Then again, if you're here, it must mean you are too (:


Why Magiverse?
Believe it or not, I was having a hard time coming up with a good name.
I was stuck and on the verge of hitting my head repeatedly on the wall.
So, I thought, how would I describe my reading life?
My top genre is Fantasy. Fantasy = Magic.
From there the name Magiverse just clicked into my head.   


And my other blog?
Light&Dark, My blog about everything TV shows, movies, and anime related.
I thought making it one blog would be way too confusing, for me and for the readers. So I separated them.
There is an even a more complicated story behind that name. If you want to find out what it is, or if you're, like me, a TV shows, movies and anime enthusiastic, check Light&Dark out. 


Me
I love reading books. 
I love listening to music.
I love writing stories.
I love watching TV shows and anime.
Those are my greatest passions in life. 


Hey everyone, I'm Zoey. I'm an 18 years old girl with an undying love for books.
When I was 12 (to about 14), I used to have a website where I wrote my first ever story. The story followed a girl named Sonny, who finds herself in the midst of a battle between the forces of darkness and the forces of light. Being the chosen one, it's her duty to defeat the Dark Lord, along with the help of other people with powers.

Not very original, you say? What can I say, I was 12. 12-year-olds don't think in terms of what's original. They just... write. And there is also a beauty to that, because when you're that young, you write from your heart and don't concern yourself of what others might think, but just how you feel.
 

That website is long gone now, but I'm still writing stories. Never stopped. Never will. My biggest dream is to become a published author. 

What else?  I can get lost in music. You'll almost never find me without my headphones on.
I also love sharing my music, which is why I put songs in all of my posts.   


So what is this blog about? 
This blog is about books, writing, fantasy. This blog is about exploring different worlds, different places.This blog is about Magic.

Make A Great Imagination Come to life (:  

"We live and breath words... It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I could be honest with them."   

– Cassandra Clare, clockwork princess. 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely introduction to your blog! I was gonna ask you about the name, I'm glad you mentioned it here! It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you. I think I'm blushing :*)

      Delete
  2. Love the idea of a blog about magic and fantasy, great intro ☺

    ReplyDelete